A. Yes, any member (present/past) can add his /her name in the institutional member list.
A. Yes, an admin also can add a member in the list.
A. Name, Email ID, and status (i.e. present /past) in the respective category (e.g. ug student, pg student etc.) etc. are required information to add a member by admin in the institutional list. However, without any email ID, a member can also be added if he /she had a pre-existing profile in the MyDocu.in.
A. A member can edit all his /her personal information (like Name, Photo, Phone Number, address etc.) and institution related info (like year of entry, year of exit etc.)
A. MyDocu.in do not encourage a member to edit/change his/her primary email ID (i.e. Login Email ID) in the profile. But it is not restricted for the Additional Email IDs. But still if it is found that the edit in the primary email ID is essential; then he/she has to contact the customer care of MyDocu.in with proper reason. Being satisfied with the reason, the executive may edit the email ID.
A. An admin can edit almost all information related to his/her institute (or the Department) including members relation to the institute (like entry and exit year, present or ex status etc.).
A. No, an admin can’t edit members personal information like phone number or address. But an admin has the freedom to add a new phone number, email ID and address to a members profile.
A. Admin can delete the name from the group, after login in the administrative profile. Against every member there is a ‘delete’ button to do so.
A. yes an admin can do it. After administrative login, find the name in the deleted member’s list and then click on the ‘restore’ button >change the status and ‘Save’ it.
A. These personal information are only visible to the admin of the respective institute (or department) but not to the other member.
A. If a member (or a visitor) wants to contact another member; he or she has to send a mail with this website (mail button is there). The mail will be sent from this website referring to the sender. If the recipient of the mail wants to contact back, he /she may reply to the mail. The reply mail will be sent to the first sender. Now their email IDs are visible to each other and they can contact freely from their own email id.
A. A general member can’t send group mail. But an admin can send group mail to a group of people (e. g. present student, Ex Staff etc.)
A. Nowadays almost all institutes have social media groups like facebook, Whatsapp etc. Like these this portal also has been designed to facilitate communication among members and institutions. Still this portal is not the replica nor the replacement of any of these programmes rather it has many features for which it may be regarded as an essential programme for academic institutions and may be used as a supplementary of these programmes.
These features are:
1. Unlike Social Media Groups (e.g. Facebook, Whatsapp etc.) any one can’t create a group for an institute or its department. Those are created by MyDocu.in after receiving a proper application with details. This process will prevent duplication of groups of any institute or organization.
2. Only those persons are approved to be an admin of an institute or a department who is identified and approved by the concerned institute or the department. So where web-admin is registered; the portal is much more reliable than any other social media group.
3. In this portal a member can find his or her institute or department and enlist his /her name; this is not also possible in some popular social media groups.
4. Admin of any institute (or department) may add a member without knowing phone number or email id of the member (Provided, the member should have a pre existing profile in the MyDocu.in)
5. Unlike social media groups, a member need not to open the group to view the message. All the messages sent via MyDocu.in will go to the mail inbox of the recipient.
6. Members (except the admin ) sent messages to the group. This will reduce the number of messages; so those who avoid social media groups for its huge annoying message, may also enlist.
7. Keeping all member’s (present and past ) phone number, email ID, address etc updated is very difficult for an admin in any institute or its department specially where the number of members is very large.
* Terms and conditions apply.